Asbestos has been banned throughout Australia including export and import since December 2013 owing to its dangers which can lead to the risk of several serious diseases, such as lung cancer, mesothelioma, and asbestosis.
In previous times it was popular in the construction industry going right back to the late 19th century owing to its cost effectiveness as costs were kept down as housing was in demand. For nearly thirty years laws have been in place for proper procedures to be adhered to when carrying out asbestos removal in Perth.
Here are many great reasons why it is essential to have an expert team to remove the mineral.
- It is a highly skilled job with those involved in removal being responsible for the health and safety of those who may be affected, with the process being supervised by a person conducting a business or undertaking (PCBU), which is mandatory in WA.
- It can be a dangerous process as bonded asbestos, which was previously used in lagging, can break into powder with minimal contact, which can lead to poisoning if inhaled and digested. To alleviate this potential issue specialist safety equipment is worn.
- Specialist machinery such as highest calibre vacuums are required to get the best possible results as asbestos is removed from roofs, pipes, as well as lagging.
- Using an expert company to carry out the work with excellent references, will generally mean that they have many years of experience to deal with all situations. They are only permitted to carry out the removals if they possess a government license and are required to install a full plan, in advance of the process.
- It is the owner or manager of a property who is legally responsible to ensure safety within the premises. It is always best to contact the experts to come to inspect if there is any doubt whether it contains asbestos.
- Before any renovations or removals can take place, it is essential to put detailed plans in place to ensure total safety. An experienced company will know the exact procedure and how to safely dispose of the materials.
By calling in an expert company to deal with the removal of any asbestos it is a safe way to stay the right side of the law and mandatory regulations. It will offer peace of mind in knowing that all traces of the material are removed, making the building safe to work in.
Comments are closed.